Family Login:

Share This Obituary

Send Flowers
 Send Flowers

Memories & Candles

“Rest In Peace Jason ”
1 of 2 | Posted by: Vickie Stewart - Allen

“We love you and our prayers are with you and family. Hang in there and be strong. Keep the faith and only Our God knows and his angels are watching...Read More »
2 of 2 | Posted by: Annie Williams - Wylie, TX

Jason DeMont Gaddis
Jason was born on September 27, 1976 and although he only lived 44 years, he lived a fuller life than most. Jason was such a happy child, always laughing, always running and never met a challenge he didn't take head on. He was a super athlete and dreamed of playing for the NFL or being on the motor cross tour. As far as sports, football was his first love, but he also played soccer, baseball and basketball. He loved riding bikes and motorcycles and playing outside until the streetlights came on.

Jason's life was not without suffering. Around age 5 he came in from playing and started vomiting. We could not get it stopped and he ended up in the hospital. After several days there, he was transferred to Children's Medical Hospital and was there for weeks. He weight dropped until his little legs could not walk. He had thrown up so much he was literally throwing up the lining of his stomach. Infectious disease doctors and neurological doctors all tried to find out what was causing the problem. We had prayer warriors praying for him around the clock and had our church come to the hospital and pray over him. The head doctor was young and skeptical about our prayers and thought this was all about science. Finally, we decided to take Jason out for a weekend, and we took him to a chiropractor. Jason threw up one time the entire weekend and when we went back to Children's the doctor looked at him and was astonished that all of Jason's bodily functions like smiling, raising eyebrows and such were back to normal. He said he couldn't explain it, but I assured him it was not science that healed Jason, it was my Savior.

In the 6th grade, Jason was playing Peewee football and went in to make a tackle. There was a big pile up and after the whistle blew, all the boys got off the pile except Jason. Coaches, his dad and a medical doctor ran out on the field to check him and it was quickly determined Jason's leg was severely broken. The diagnosis was he had broken his femur right at the growth plate. He had extensive surgery and was in a cast from his waist down for months. When the cast came off x-rays showed his growth plate had closed and they would have to surgically close the growth plate on his other leg to keep it from outgrowing the leg he broke. A series of growth evaluations determined that had this not happened Jason would have likely been 6'5 or taller. Jason tried to play football in the 7th and 8th grade but finally decided he was too worried about getting his leg reinjured and he gave up his dream of the NFL.

I share this because with everything Jason endured, he never lost his zeal for life or his ability to joke, laugh and live.
Jason loved music, he loved to dance, and he was always the life of the party…just like his dad. He loved to wear wild colorful clothes. He loved wearing "MC Hammer" pants and he had every color of "Chucks" that came out. He would mix them and wear a pink shoe on the left and a purple one on the right. He was never particular about name brands, he just loved color. Even in adulthood, shoes were one thing that Jason never had enough of. He loved shoes and he wore a size 15/16 so he never had to worry about his brother or dad trying to get in his shoes.

Jason was the ultimate family man. His family meant everything to him, and he considered his friends family. Jason wanted to purchase a large piece of land and build a huge "main house" where we would all gather and eat, watch TV, play games and of course swim. He wanted each family to have their own little cottage around the main house so we could all live together. He wanted 4 wheelers, motorcycles, horses and anything that would move. Jason loved swimming and if it were possible, I think he would have lived in a swimming pool. His nieces and nephews loved when he came to swim because he would stay in the pool playing with them for hours. He would make up pool games, play water volleyball, water polo and anything else he could dream up. Probably Jason's greatest times in life were in the pool with the kids.

Jason watched cooking shows and thought he was a chef. He would often challenge his dad to a "cook off". They would both brag about their final dish as if it were the winner of the Grand Champion Pit Master competition. He loved playing Madden on the Xbox and would play for hours. Even in the middle of the night he could be heard welling, "YES BABY, that's how we do it". He was a diehard Allen Eagle, OU Sooner fan and he loved his Dallas Cowboys. He would yell and say he was done but every game day he was set with his snacks and remote to cheer them on again.

Jason grew up in church and considered himself a good person. He believed in Jesus, knew Jesus was God's son and felt ok about himself because of that belief. Sunday morning, November 29th. Jason's dad, Bobby, passed away in our home with Jason sitting right beside him. Bobby had been sick for about a week and Jason had begun to have the same symptoms. Jason was devastated and it caused him to take a long hard look at life in general but especially his own live. Monday morning, November 30th the day after his dad went to be with the Lord, Jason was in the kitchen reading a post on Facebook and the post ended with something like, "those of us who are in Christ Jesus will see Bobby again". Jason laid down the phone and